Sunday, February 1, 2015

Prompts--Week 3

1. I am looking for a book by Laurell K. Hamilton. I just read the third book in the Anita Blake series and I can’t figure out which one comes next!





According to Amazon.com the third book is Circus of the Damned

2. What have I read recently? Well, I just finished this great book by Barbara Kingsolver, Prodigal Summer. I really liked the way it was written, you know, the way she used language. I wouldn't mind something a bit faster paced though.

Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson is a read-alike according to Goodreads.com and of the choices this would be something I would read.



3. I like reading books set in different countries. I just read one set in China, could you help me find one set in Japan? No, not modern – historical. I like it when the author describes it so much it feels like I was there!

The Shogun's Daughter: A novel of Feudal Japan By Laura JOH Rowland--- This book grabbed my attention. It's received great reviews from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews and Oprah.com. Rowland is also a well known author for her historical style of writing.


4. I read this great mystery by Elizabeth George called Well-Schooled in Murder and I loved it. Then my dentist said that if I liked mysteries I would probably like John Sandford, but boy was he creepy I couldn't finish it! Do you have any suggestions?

I would suggest authors that other readers of Elizabeth George also reads such as Deborah Crombi, Martha Grimes, PD James.

5. My husband has really gotten into zombies lately. He’s already read The Walking Dead and World War Z, is there anything else you can recommend?

I am Legend by Richard Matherson and The Zombi Survival Guide: Complete protectors for the living dead by Max Brooks. These to books were on the also read books for both titles and rated at least four stars.

Second, after you get a chance to do the readings and explore Mary Chelton's list of tools, I want to hear about how you find books to read. It could be a site or a resource you've just discovered or one you've used for years, one you use for yourself or for your patrons or family and friends.

I search Goodreads  and Amazon from time to time to see whats new or good. Most of the time I find books from patron request, suggestions from my sister and bestfriend. My top research is reading the covers of the books that I catalog daily and I create a wish list. My wish list is very long now because I have not had a chance to do any recreational reading latley.

No comments:

Post a Comment